Scripts & Tools Archive - by Types
[ Sorted by Functionalities ]
- cass.awk - a sample of what can be done with the awk command file.
- mkwrapper.awk - a simple workaround to keep the script files documentation identical across platforms (Solaris and NT).
- alm_line.tar.Z (15 KB), read_me
[v1.2, 3/08/00] - the attached program creates a pseudo-device which captures
alarms and sends the message to a number of display manager message lines.
This means that the operators can see the alarms without having to change
- dmstat.tar.Z (11 KB), read_me
[v1.1, 12/13/2000] - The compiled program dmstatus determines the
current location of the display managers. The companion shell script
getdm.sh can be used to query multiple hosts for display manager
- gethist.tar.Z (38 KB), read_me
[v1.1, 3/15/00] - this program is a C program which retrieves historian data
from the Foxboro Historian using standard Foxboro API calls and outputs the
data in a variety of text formats. The data can be retrieved from archives
and reduction groups.
- hexutils.tar.Z (9 KB), read_me
[v1.0, 5/15/00] - tohex is a binary-to-hex converter that prints out
ASCII strings so the user can see them and modify them with sed or
whatever. ASCII strings so printed will not cross line boundaries so you can
edit them easily. fromhex takes the output from tohex
and puts it back as binary. Source code is included so the utilities can
be compiled on NT as well. The tar archive contains source code and Solaris
- histq.tar.Z (21 KB), histq.tar.gz
(14 KB) [v1.0, 5/31/00] - histq is a command-line data extraction
tool (in C, using various Foxboro libraries) to extract data from FoxHistory
(not the older Historian or the new AIM*Historian).
- makeaatab.tar.Z (21 KB), read_me
[3/16/00] - this utility scans the graphics as designated in the
<lbug>AApan file and creates a complete, accurate, functional
and annotated <lbug>AAtab file.
- omrd.tar.gz (32 KB), read_me
[v1.2, 8/16/00] - this program allows Object Manager (OM) variables to be
accessed in a similar way to omget/omset. Unlike omset/omget
it does not broadcast for the data for each variable on each request.
- plb_dump.tar.Z (47 KB), plb_dump.tar.gz (29 KB), plb_dump.zip (31 KB), read_me
[v1.2, May 1999] - this utility reads the ladder logic definition file for
an I/A PLB block and prints the contents of the file to the standard output
device. The output can include a list of the labels used (or all labels in
the block), the ladder logic of the block, a cross-reference list of the
labels used and timer/counter preset and reset values.
- set_mtk-0.0.1.tar.Z (39 KB), set_mtk-nt-0.0.1.zip (205 KB), read_me
[v2.0, 6/30/93] - this program sets the Master Timekeeper on the I/A system
with a command line to achieve the same effect as 'Set Time' function in
- stat (24 KB), a tool for Solaris and Windows to retrieve the create date and time stamp of a given file. Source code included.
- xsynchmtk-1.0.0.tar.Z (100 KB), read_me
[v1.0.0 07/22/2002] - shell script xsynchmtk.sh plus binary programs ccimktime
and set_mtk. Retrieves the current date and time from a well-synched time
server via rsh and updates the Foxboro I/A Series Master Time Keeper using
utility program set_mtk, ignoring time
zone differences. Assumption is that the LOCAL timezone on the time source
server reflects the "experienced" time to be set for the node. Includes sources,
make files and executables for set_mtk (see [set_mtk-0.0.1.tar.Z]) and ccimktime.
[v1.04, 3/21/00] - this shell script extracts points from local historian and
checks to see if they exist. It keeps a list of bad points from this exercise.
- ez_archive.zip (7 KB), ez_archive.tar.Z (8 KB), read_me
[v1.0, 4/18/00] - ez_archive copies important files from
/opt/fox/ciocfg to a remote station for back-up. The companion
ez_archive.restore script copies the files back in case the files
need to be restored.
- fbm_search.tar.Z (31 KB), read_me
[v1.0, 12/4/00] - All the tools needed to build a graphical display of all
the FBMs in a given CP. Each FBM on the display is represented by its letterbug.
Clicking on the letterbug runs a script file which creates a substitution
list and then calls up a re-useable display that gets filled in by the script
with all the configured I/O blocks on that FBM.
[v1.21, 3/17/03] - this shell script extracts FBM data from a checkpoint file and
returns the data for all FBMs attached to a particular CP (supplied on the
command line). FCM/FBI communication modules used with CP-60s are also included
in the report. getfbm.sh sample output.
- kill_idle_dm.zip (2 KB), kill_idle_dm.tar
(7 KB) [v1.0, 10/12/01] - this shell script monitors activity on a collection
of display managers and kill a DM if it remains inactive over a prescribed
- remote_dm, read_me -
used to initiate a remote DM session, this script is an improved version of
/opt/ia/go_dm that works well with PCs using dynamic IP addresses
allocated through DHCP.
- save_all-2.2.1.zip (405 KB), manual , read_me
[v2.2.1, 6/28/03] - this shell script creates a SaveAll for the stations
defined. It uses the Foxboro standard utilities on the I/A distribution in
- aw70_saveall.zip (2 KB), read_me
[v0, 9/03/02] - an automated SaveAll shell script for the AW-70 platform.
It also uses the Foxboro standard utilities on the I/A distribution in /opt/fox/ciocfg/api.
- xref.tar (198 KB), installation notes, download & info page
[v0.94, 12/17/01] - I/A Cross-Reference Utility to document the cross references
between control connections, displays (both Display Manager and FoxView),
historians, sequence code (explicitly referenced in sequence code), and FBM
- cursor.zip (11 KB), read_me [2/27/01] - a custom large cursor for FoxView and instructions on how to modify and use it.
- eSelect.exe (36 KB), read_me
[v1.0, 10/17/00] - a free alternative to FoxSelect for the AW-70 machines.
[freeware, not open-source software]
- file2dsk & dsk2file (23 KB) -
the command-line standard file2dsk.exe and dsk2file.exe for
file transferring, along with Helpful Hint 989 for runing them on Windows
2000/XP. [freeware, not open-source software]
- FoxFiles.exe (3.2 MB), read_me
[v3.0.2, 2002] - a replacement for file2dsk.exe and dsk2file.exe
with a graphical user interface. FoxFiles only runs on Windows 2000/XP.
[freeware, not open-source software]
- GConvert.zip (944 KB), manual
[submitted 1/26/06 by Adam Pemberton] - a PC-based utility that assists with
the converstion of DM displays to Foxview displays. Empahasis on correcting
things that the I/A display conversion utility doesn't get quite right, such
- "Goodies for I/A" CD -
a compilation of all the good things that are missing on the plain-vanilla I/A
- msgmgr-6a.exe (1.71 MB), read_me
[v6a, 6/08/04] - a PC-based alarm/alert system for Foxboro display managers
running on a PC. [freeware, not open-source software]
- rccc.zip (2.27 MB), rccs.tar (112 KB), features list , installation notes , download & info page
[v0.92.1, 11/12/01] - Remote Control Configurator is a client/server application
providing ICC functions from a networked, Windows-based PC without using
X-Windows emulation software, with familiar Windows look-and-feel, and multiple
simultaneous ICC sessions possible. [freeware, not open-source software]
- wf2cae-3.0.2.zip (1.8 MB), read_me
[v3.0.2, 12/12/02] - a free utility to convert I/A work files into ASCII
format files. [freeware, not open-source software]
- Letterbug pin-out diagram (contributed by Mark Dumond, Feedforward)
(2.2 MB) [v1.7, 4/15/05] - Another contribution from Ron Deen of Invensys Process Systems in Baarn, The Netherlands. "Foxboro I/A Series OPC Solutions - Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting."
(317 KB) [v2.2, 1/25/06] - Ron Deen of Invensys Process Systems in Baarn, The
Netherlands, contributes another comprehensive document on installing and
configuring the OSI PI interface on an I/S Series system. A sample
pistartup file is included.
- raptorgfx_installation.pdf A procedure to install a Raptor GFX (2nd) video card on a Sun Ultra-5/10 workstation (51-series D-style) at I/A v6.4.
(3.8 MB) [v8.0, 2/4/02] - Ron Deen of Invensys Process Systems in Baarn, The
Netherlands, contributes his comprehensive document on X terminals and many
of the popular X emulators. This file is rather large and will require long
You may want to download its table of contents
(71 KB) first to see if the entire document is what
(1.2 MB) [v1.5, 3/15/05] - This manual shows how to setup I/A 51-series hosts
to work with MS Windows-based X-Terminals having dynamic IP addresses
administered through DHCP and DNS services running on a Linux workstation.
By Rob de Groot () and Ron Deen
() of Invensys Process Systems in Baarn, The
- Manual_For_IA_Controlers_V6.pdf (1.15 MB) [v6.0 1/23/2004] - This document is intended as a support and a guideline for a course about the wide variety of controller functions that are offered by Foxboro. By Hub Stapper () of Invensys Process Systems in The Netherlands.
|Copyright ©2000-2008 The Cassandra Project. All rights reserved.|
web posted: 21 February 2000
last updated: 28 March 2008
contact the for comments and/or questions.
free Acrobat Reader